The British Pyrotechnists Association (BPA) is the trade association for professional firework display companies in the UK.
All BPA members operate to the same Code of Practice and are committed to raising the professional standards of their companies and their firers.
The 2019 membership criteria and fees are:-
- Minimum turnover on professionally fired displays – £70,000 + VAT
- Evidence of 2 years Employer, Product and Public liability Insurance of a minimum cover of £10 million
- HSE or Local Authority licenced facilities (this excludes Registered Premises)
- Commitment to the BPA Firework Training Scheme
- A Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor (DGSA)
- ADR trained drivers
- Adequate firework fusing facility
The 2019 fees for membership are £500 (+ VAT)
All BPA members are required to complete an application form including additional questions prior to acceptance. If you are interested in becoming a BPA Member please click here to download an Application form
 Turnover on professionally fired firework displays (and associated costs) only for your financial year. Evidence may be requested to demonstrate that this level of turnover relates to professionally fired displays.
 Full year insurance covering public and product liability for displays and employers insurance for all work (including preparation, storage and transport)
 Companies will still need to comply with, for instance, transport regulations for the fused product
- A minimum of £70,000 turnover on professionally fired firework displays in the UK .
- Incorrect use of the logo will be considered a serious disciplinary offence
- Required ADR drivers – Should be commensurate with the number of vehicle movements subject to ADR
Benefits of membership include:-
- Access to wealth of experience and information from other members
- No fewer than three, but usually four, meetings to which all members are invited – a chance to air views, formulate policy, and to interact with some of the most famous names in the industry
- Active, private, website and forum for members
- Active public website and forum, open to all – a useful place to seek views and promulgate information to non-members
- Representation on various Government , Industry and other committees including
- British Standards Committee
- Explosive Industry Forum
- DTI/BIS Firework Publicity campaign
- BPA office manned to provide consistent information to press and other enquiries
- BPA information sheets highlighting industry developments, press statements etc
- Close links with other industry bodies including TESA, EIG and BFA
- Access to “BPA Box Matrix” scheme – a flexible packaging scheme for the firework and pyrotechnic industries (this scheme is subject to a deposit to BPA and to VCAs fees)